Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mend a Flip Book Fast & Recycle as You Do It!


As you all know by now I am thrift shop junkie, especially when it comes to retro wooden toys and books for my daughter.

We all want the perfect book right, but who wants to pay $12 – 15 for each one, especially if you have a little book worm in the house like I do!

So hunt I do, for the perfect one without the additions of a young artists Picasso attempts scrawled on each page … and of course the ones with all their pages still in tacked! But there is hope for those books that are almost perfect too!

My daughter loves flip books. But I have found these little paper flaps are not the most resilient when it comes to second hand book shopping. So I decided to improvise when we found a fabulous Easter Spot book the other day for 80c with one flap missing……



First of all I used coloring pencils and colored in the white paper where the flap had been torn off. I even used a black pen and continued the pillow outline around.



I knew there was a reason that I kept all the pretty cards I received over the years even though I am not a scrap booker. I took one that looked spring like and had similar colors in it and cut a random shape out big enough to cover the surprise cat!



I folded a line (note the badly drawn dashes on the photo!) and did a test run before sticking it in place with some double sided sticky tape. (Other tape will work also or a strong paper glue.)



Left it to dry and ta-da! One very quick and easy way to mend a book and keep the baba happy without breaking the bank!



Featured on Craft Gossip





Take Care and Happy Crafting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails