Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thrift Thursday - Inspired by a vintage doll

The doll that started it all!

My secret pleasure is Thrift shopping. What’s a girl to do when she’s inspired by vintage memorabilia and has a passion for recycling?

Thrift stores, charity shops, Op shopping, Vintage stores … oowww I love a good old rummage …. And the price never breaks the bank……. The saying is true, One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!

I haven't been in years, but I was so inspired by my friend Jennie’s finds over at A little Vintage, I thought I’d have a hunt myself. And look what i found!!!  A vinatage Dolly!  Horay!! 

I decided not to buy her as unfortunately her bodice was made of some badly degrading (and smelly) plastic!! However, this fabulously crazy handmade dolly has inspired me no end!
i want to take him home!

I really wanted this donkey too … but my hubby said it wouldn’t 'work' in our garden … darn it!

What inspires you? Have you been on the hunt lately? Why not add a link to your inspirations, vintage collections and thrift treasures!

Please add a button or a text link back to me … I’m not picky ;)



Related Posts with Thumbnails