Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Creative Space: Day of The Dead


I had never heard of the Mexican Festival ‘The Day of The Dead’ until I moved to America. It’s absolutely fascinating.

Unlike other festivals surrounding the dead this is considered a happy occasion, a celebration of your families loved ones who have passed away on the 2th of November. The art work associated to The Day of the Dead is always so vibrant a mix of life and death, and I have found myself influenced by it not only in my art work but my jewelry as well…. (yup that's me doing a pose below ;) ) ..



So this week’s Creative Space is dedicated to The Day of the Dead here on Dolls and Daydreams!

Why not pop over to Kootoyoo to see other creative spaces :)


Take Care and Happy Crafting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails