Sunday, April 1, 2012

Small Doll Clothes - How to Reduce My Patterns

Precious Little Poppets 6a

I've been getting a lot of e-mails about removable clothes for my Little Sister & Flower Fairy Sewing patterns. If you reduce the pattern size by 50% for my 18"+ Dress Up Doll/Softie Clothes ... have a little dolly fitting session .... 'tweak' them a little .. ta-da one dress up mini dolly.

2 quick methods for reducing a sewing pattern

1) Print the pattern out full size and reduce it on the photocopier
2) Change the print settings in Acrobat and print it out at a smaller size.

Just remember that the 1/4 seam allowance is already added, so reduce that by the same  % also!


Precious Little Poppets dress up doll
Melissa added her own twist to a mini version of my Party Dress & Skirt & Top Doll Clothes Patterns

I popped a challenge up on my Facebook page last month to see who could post the first photo of one of my little dolls in some 'reduced' doll clothes, and the lovely Melissa from Precious Little Poppet won!  ♥

Melissa Precious Little Poppet

Melissa lives in Melbourne, Australia, she's a mother to three small children, an Army wife and 'an habitual crafter'. She's been sewing for about six years, and after borrowing her Mum’s sewing machine when her daughter was about six months old she hasn't looked back! In the last year she's become obsessed with creating her Precious Little Poppets, and believe me, they are precious!

Precious Little Poppets 3

"I love hearing the squeals of delight and the imaginative play that happens when children get a hold of my Poppets." Melissa 

Precious Little Poppets 6


Of course she makes a whole range of toys ... I love her superhero monkeys and oh so sweet dress up bunnies!

Precious Little Poppets 5 Precious Little Poppets 9

Sarah’s patterns are incredible! Wonderful clear tutorials, great photos and the dolls so easy to put together. The finished dolls are just beautiful." Melissa 

Why not pop on over to Melissa's  Facebook Page or visit her Shop and say Hi!


If you'd like a chance to be featured on my Facebook Page & Blog don't forget to tag, link and send your photos to me, and always watch out for fun sewing challenges :)




 Happy Sewing from Sarah
Related Posts with Thumbnails