Monday, November 26, 2012

Make a DIY Doll Gift this Holiday - Design Your Own Custom Doll

Miss Minnie

Make a DIY Dolly kit! What a fabulous gift idea for the kids (big & small) this holiday season.  Quick for us dolly makers to whip up and a ton of fun for the kids!!  Perfect for keeping them quite on a rainy afternoon or after a big Christmas dinner!  Make a Blank Doll up add a pack of Crayola Fabric Markers and let the kiddies color their own in!  Once done .. pop them in the dryer for 20 mins and POP out comes your finished custom dolly! 

Pocket Princess Doll Hand Painted Fabric Markers Crayola 2

Forget 'build a bear' ... make up a bunch of blank dolls, smaller dolls work best as there's less space to fill like Pocket Princess,  Tiny Tot  or Little Sister or why not reduce a dolly pattern like these sweet Dress Up Doll Pattern.

Want some tips on how to use the fabric Markers?  Pop over to my Free Tutorial Here! and have fun designing your own dolly!

pirate boy first mate
And don't forget little boys love to color too!  Why not let them design their own Superhero, or Pirate!  Here's my pirate who my son loves!

Miss Minnie 4

These two dress up dolly DIY kits were made by the lovely  Miss Minnie after she saw my free tutorial! How cool are they!!  Love how she's already added the hair in to save time and be super soft!

If you make an Art Dolly Following my Tutorial with one of my Patterns, please post photos to my Facebook Page I'd love to see them!
 Happy Sewing from Sarah
Related Posts with Thumbnails